Monday, February 27, 2012

Silly me: I tried to open a lemonade stand

The Reveiw Journal Commentary about “Silly me: I tried to open a lemonade stand” demonstrates what is happening in our economy. The government is preventing people from going into business for themselves and earning a living. All the government regulations make it too difficult and costly for someone to go into business to try and support their family and themselves.

While I was canvassing during the 2010 elections, I talked to many people who were unemployed and wanted to go to work for themselves, but couldn’t because of all the government regulation. There were painters, handymen, bookkeepers, beauticians, and many others who could have easily gone to work for themselves, but didn’t have the money to do so

The government should provide opportunities for people to work and support themselves. It shouldn’t create obstacles for them and then have to provide them support welfare and food stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment