Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can you believe what the media tells you?

This is a post that I received in my email.
Bloomberg: Home Prices in 20 U.S. Cities Rose 0.3% in January
Home prices in 20 U.S. cities unexpectedly rose in January, indicating the housing market is stabilizing as the economy expands. The S&P/Case-Shiller home price index climbed 0.3% from the prior month…

MarketWatch: U.S. Jan. Case-Shiller Home Prices Fall 0.4%
Home prices in 20 major U.S. cities fell a not-seasonally adjusted 0.4% in January compared with December, according to the Case-Shiller home price index released Tuesday...

Pardon our language, but it’s all BS. With enough political pressure, preconceptions, seasonal adjustments and ambiguous data, you can print whatever you want… so long as the masses don’t bother to check the source and think for themselves.

So if I want to convince you that the housing market is better, I just quote Bloomberg. However, if I want to convince you that the housing market is still bad, I just quote MarketWatch.

Why would you believe either of them? Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment